View Single Post
      06-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #11
jkrig
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan1972 View Post
I just did this with a DA polisher. You can do the whole car with the same pad. The reason to blow off the pad is that product will build up and eventually start spraying off, coating everything around you. Ask me how I know.

If you have a nylon brush, I have seen that suggested, brushing off excess product after each section. I did not have one, but will try using that next time.
Yes you can blow out the pad but ideally you would want to use multiple pads especially if you are using compound, its not just product that's going to clog the pad its dirt and clear coat as well, the more you cut the faster the buildup, the more buildup on you pad the less "work" it will do on the paint....changing pads will ensure consistent results throughout your paint. General rule of thumb is the more cutting you are doing the more pads you will need.