View Single Post
      04-20-2019, 04:26 AM   #79
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
where is it? i assume iys the one with the ring inside the shaft,,ie magnetic pickup,these cars with differing ring setup does my head in,,last year i had some rubber washers ready to go under my abs sensor to create a gap(read up on it) only for the indy who i use to say"it aint got rings its got magnetic pick up " they only looked at the vcar from underneath without removing sensor or anything...but i swear i ahve the old set up reluctor ring as all ive read leads to this,,im yet to remove sensor,,as sometimes theyare a pig to get out,,li destroyed one getting one out my old e46,,i was replacing it so didnt matter.
Haha, sorry mate I was trying to be funny. The reluctor ring is actually completely missing! I'm not sure if you can zoome in enough but you can actually see very slightly in the rust where the reluctor ring used to sit and can see slight shading differences from where the slits would be. I've sanded the driveshaft down and a reluctor ring is being posted today by Amazon. You know, its interesting that when I purchased the car and took it back as the cruise control never worked he said he wouldn't replace as its "general wear and tear" but more to the point when I said "yeah it has a reluctor ring that can rust doesn't it, and then the sensor cant read it" which to be fair is the norm for these reluctor rings, and he said "yeah or they can snap off" and I now think isn't it ironic that he said that and the ring has snapped off :/ ahh well if it wasn't for the faults on this car I'd never have known as much as I do now.
Appreciate 0