CameroN7887
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameroN7887 View Post
Just to keep the thread updated, I cleaned my VANOS solenoids yesterday and it seemed to clean up my idle more and the tingling while idling in drive seemed to go away, thank you all for your help!
Did you ever go for the software update? I did plugs and one coil like 7 months ago helped a bit on a smother idle. When I swapped in a new radiator and hoses. I cleaned the vanos with maf cleaner and swaped them around as-well as doing an oil change. This helped a bit. Put in a new air filter then saaid f*** it since I got an intake for dirt cheap. The intake gave me a teeny bit of power in the 4 to 6500k rpm range. Also better mpg. I reset my adaptions drove it for probably 1500 miles which helped then did a software update and she felt different in a good way. First time I did adaptions I was kinda worried cus I had no clue and it felt like someone molested her lmao. So point being go for the software update. I did it myself in winkfp with a regular kcan kdcan cable which people swear not to use but it only took like 3 minutes or less can't remember.

I did the same thing I changed all my plugs and coils and it helped a little bit, cleaned my Vanos solenoids and it helped a little more, I have a k+dcan cable I think? I used it to reset my valvetronic limit positions on ISTA a few months ago so I could probably do it but don't know how, if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction that would be awesome! One Indy shop by my house wanted something like $150 to reset my valvetronic positions and do a software update and I told them to screw off, I'll do it myself and he started bagging on ista like crazy hahaha
Appreciate 0