View Single Post
      02-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #180
ucsbwsr
Captain
Rep
Drives: E61

The white wagon keeps getting undercut by these other "project wagons" I spend all my time wrenching on, to make matters worse (first world problems) I had an opportunity to pick up another E61 for a excellent price which will be a short term project for me and hope to have up for sale in a few months.

The grey E61 is an 08' with 127k, tons of maintenance, and some nice mods.
OEM M5 front end, Grigio Telesto paint w/ black roof and black engine bay, Cobb AP, Dinan muffler, and 20" Vossen CV3s. I will be going through it making some necessary repairs, preventative maintenance, and executing some choice mods to further enhance the wagon. If you like my white wagon then there is a lot you will like about "DAS GRAU."
More here: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1314813

Updates on the white one are minimal but progress is being made. After replacing some damaged brackets I was able to test fit the OEM front bumper and fitment is excellent. I also test fit the OEM M5 engine bay splash shield which is RWD subframe specific and will wait for the subframe swap to go on.

I ordered a used 535i DSC module/pump. Previously I used my 535xi pump with a 528i module (same BMW # as 535i) and haven't been able to resolve my ABS/DSC warning lights even with the tremendous help of Levan who is an advanced BMW coder. Hopefully the pump is the culprit.

The last piece of the puzzle for installing my RWD/M5 subframe is resolving the strut incompatibility. Perhaps KW just released them or US distributors are now offering them for sale in the US even though there are literally <5 E61s in the US that could use them but KW now offers a RWD E61 specific coilover setup and thankfully it uses factory-tuned non adjustable V1 variants. I never use the adjustments on V3s and hate paying twice the price for essentially the same performance (IMO). Once the coilovers arrive I can complete the RWD subframe swap and enjoy the M5 steering rack.

New bracket

Bumper test fit

M5 splash shield will be a nice finishing touch once the subframe is swapped

535i DSC unit

My bumper is unpainted, my fender is the wrong color, and I need to modify a headlight.....
better go recondition that side marker.....

Current pics

- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlet, AR DPs, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP +Tial
Appreciate 1