View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #11
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle6986 View Post
The stock HID bulb should be very bright. Pretty much the same as a new BMW except for maybe the angel eyes. Maybe your headlights just need a good polish. I did this years ago and added XPEL as a protective coating. 40k miles later they still look like new.
The bulb isn't the problem... the OEM projector is one of the worst from a performance perspective (I work in the industry). The lens is frosted, due to its design, it just can't product very decent light output... It also can't be modded easily since there isn't a good clear lens available for the projector that doesn't need a ton of modding.

A lexus RX350 or LS projector will blow the OEM BMW units out of the water. Cutoff is like a laser beam, width is nearly 2 to 3 times of the BMW units.

A polish only makes the headlight cover clear... that does not effect performance of the headlights, unless your headlights are crusty and faded (mine are not), its not gonna do anything.

Brighter isn't always better... I want focus, clarity, cutoff, and width before I even think about upping the power.
Appreciate 1
wdb4718.00