View Single Post
      08-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #17
redaxe
Rep
Drives: Black 2006 325i 6MT Sport Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_blond View Post
I had the same issue. Last month my window regulator broke on the rear passenger window and cost me $600 at the dealership because it conveniently happened a few months after the warranty expired. Yesterday on my way home I heard wind leaking in from my rear driver's side. When I pushed up on the window, SNAP, the exact same sound as the month before. I was considering taking it to a highly rated shop I found that swapped out my RFT for standard radials at a good price. Now thinking about doing it myself.

I would love to see if there was a way to get BMW to cover these costs because this is clearly a product defect.
$600 is robbery, definitely do it yourself! The part costs about $80 if you buy it online, and it's not hard--it only takes an hour or two to install it if you've never done it before. For the mechanic at the dealer it probably takes like 20 minutes max! They are gouging you big time on the labor.

I got my replacement window regulator from http://www.fcpgroton.com/
Their service was pretty good, unfortunately they sent me the passenger's side one when I ordered the driver's side one, but they sent me the correct part 2-day air free of charge when I pointed out their mistake.

HOWEVER, if you already paid to get your window regulator replaced at the dealer, and then the same part broke AGAIN, it is probably covered and they should be willing to fix it again for free. Call them and ask.