View Single Post
      01-26-2017, 03:15 AM   #11
serr
Romania
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglee25 View Post
I am happy to report that I finally fixed this issue!

I thought by posting less detail I was doing everyone a favor (HA).

I've been trying to diagnose this problem for 1.5 weeks or so. I completing testing for excessive current draw by pulling fuses initially last week. That was the first thing I did to determine I had a problem... besides having a dead battery. I was wayyy past that step in diagnosing this problem. I found the current draw to be on the CAS circuit - fuse #36. I had reviewed a ton of electrical diagrams and I was trying to determine if someone else's car mirrored what mine was doing.

For what it's worth, the CAS module sends switched power to the Terminal 30g relay on the fuse block. This relay is one of the replaceable ones on the block. The terminal 30g relay powers about 15-20 circuits or so on the board. Between the actual Terminal 30g relay and the relay on fuse #28 (fan cut off relay), those both were responsible for my 0.5amp draw. Per all the documentation I read, the CAS sends the command to power down the terminal 30g relay in 30 mins or 60 mins if you have phone communications in your car.

I waited well past 30 mins previously and the meter was still showing 0.5amp draw. I also ran ISTA-D and it did not show any modules that were staying awake by becoming active after sleep was initiated with a lock sequence.... yet my power draw was 0.5amps.

I updated the software in the CAS. No difference. I was just about ready to take a bunch of readings last night with my meter but before I decided to do that, I reprogrammed the module (not software but the code) via NCSEXPERT. I ran the parasitic draw test with my meter in line, set my alarm for 32 mins just to give the system a few extra in case, came back to the car and what do you know.... 10mA draw! #BOOM! Turns out the code must have been corrupt in some way and recoding the CAS module fixed it.

All I can say is that problem would have cost me a ton at the dealership. I guess lesson learned here is to recode a module first before spending a ton of additional time on other things.
Hi Doug,

Can you tell me how did you code the CAS module,just with a blank MAN file or did you looked at specific options in the module?

Im having the same issue like yours. I flashed but no luck.
Appreciate 0