Myaddiction
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
IMHO, given the variances of "E85" from pump to pump, you should run at least 7 gallons of E70-E85 to 9 gallons of 91-93 octane (with or without 10% ethanol content) which should give you anywhere from 30-43% ethanol content, more than what our stock fuel system has been able to handle, even without a re-flashed fuel table.
I'm not trying to knock you Spool Twice as I'm guessing you are going off what has been posted here on this forum numerous times about the variation. Has any one (besides someone that has a lot to gain by perpetuating this idea) tested the E85 they purchase? I have been running E85 for years in various platforms (It's been popular since 2006 with other groups) and have not seen anything lower then 82%.

You can test it with a simple graduated test tube that costs 5 bucks. I'm not saying there isn't a "bad batch" out there somewhere it's just that it's not nearly as bad as some may lead you to believe.

The standards for E85 do allow some variance that changes from state to state. Here in Washington state it has to be between 85-75% or it's illegal to sell. However like I said I have yet to see it below 82%.

http://agr.wa.gov/bioenergy/docs/E85...Guidelines.pdf
Appreciate 0