View Single Post
      06-30-2015, 07:30 PM   #101
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

I bought my own 535 wagon from the US a few years ago when the $ was at par. Imported it from San Fran, so I know a thing or two.

If you don't know / can't tell the difference between warranty and service, that's a problem if it's semantics to you.

Not everyone lives right at the border and has the luxury of time to spend a few hours to go across for maintenance, instead of dropping it off at their local dealer. Plus, the only point you have about maintenance is the one thing that's NOT covered? What about all the other regular maintenance? It's one thing to drive down there for a $1000 brake job, but you have way too much time on your hand if you're willing to drive all the way down there for an oil change.

You haven't refuted anything I've said, so I'm not sure what your point is now. You yourself even bought your car at par. I'm saying do the math right now, and prove to me it's worth it. Go on and give me a real example with numbers in it. You're just talking concepts right now, which is all fine and dandy, except when the #'s don't back you up. LOL.

Otherwise, you've proven my points. Thank you.
Appreciate 0