View Single Post
      11-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #24
nissubaru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i MSport + 1990 300ZX TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
I'm suggesting that you nee to try to cover the bases as better as you possibly can and that making a decision based on mileage only is honestly silly.
Lol well if they provided more information about the engines then I would. Right now the information I have about both engines in mind is that they were both tested and running in the car and they did compression tests but they don't keep the numbers. They just test the motors, make sure they're worth keeping/installing in someone elses car and then that's pretty much it.

The second thing I know about the two motors are the mileages on each. One comes with no turbos (the one with lower miles) and the other one comes with turbos. They are the same price after shipping, the first place seems really anxious to sell it to me since they asked what I was looking to pay and when I said ~$200 less (the price was honestly fine but hey...he asked) to which he said they'd cover the shipping since that's about the same price.

Last bit of info I have are pictures of the car the higher mileage motor came out of. Side impact damage.

What would you suggest I do in order to make sure I get the best motor? It seems the shops I've asked to source me a motor when I was contemplating having them do the install all had places they trusted to source their engines from. Would you insist they perform a leakdown test even if they said they ran the engine and did a compression test?
Appreciate 0