View Single Post
      11-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #31
nissubaru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i MSport + 1990 300ZX TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
When you lift the front of the engine up you can access all the bolts with ease with just regular tools with long extensions. I use extensions with wobble tip that allows the socket to be angled but it could be done with regular extension too. I don't have a photo from the bolt, but yes, head cut off.
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty confident this will all go fairly well despite being a pretty intensive job. I couldn't comfortably sit back and shell out $2500-3000 for someone else to do the work on my car when they aren't even going to warranty the labor if the engine they sourced is junk. Plus I have basically every tool already minus the engine stand and crane which I bought both this weekend from Harbor Freight for under $200 using a 20% off coupon.

The only problem I'm having now is sourcing a good motor. Besides LKQ Online, Car-part.com and eBay I'm pretty much out of places to look. I'd love to buy the replacement motor asap but I also don't want to rush myself and get a shitty motor.
Appreciate 1