View Single Post
      03-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #53
Pawlin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Shiftright View Post
This was a brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing it here.

I'm also thinking of the Mobius, but I'd like to have access to the recorder, memory card and controls, and the Mobius lens extension cable looks a little too short for what I have in mind.

IIR the silver features that look like buttons on the Mobius are actually heat sinks. The other thing that I learned from reading so far is that no matter which camera is used, one needs to be sure to get the capacitor version! The batteries won't last in the heat of a car interior.

I'm backed up a couple of car projects so I'm mostly in the planning phase plus its too cold to do anything right now! At the speed that these products are developing and the amazingly short lead time, there will probably be a vastly improved camera available before I begin to gather up the components.
Yup, thought I'd leave the battery in to test my luck - didn't stand a chance in California springtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
How do you have it mounted? It doesn't rattle around in there?
I have the miniusb head ziptied to the arm of the mirror so it doesn't move. The circuit board simply plugs in with a bit of pressure to the arm which dubs as a heat sink. See the picture in my update post.
Appreciate 0