07-19-2017, 04:31 AM   #31
tawfeeqh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33
Hey tawfeeqh, what PI system are you using? BQ Tuning have been modifying my tune which required installing a MaxBoost on the N20 TMAP. I am not a tuner but this required adjusting the scalars on the tune. I did a couple of datalogs and found due to these scalar adjustments, the PI was not working resulting in the HPFP dropping pressure at higher revs. I wondered if this maybe your issue as well. I have the Fuelit PI system with the Split Second Controller. Apparently, the controller needs to be tuned as well.
Hi coupes

I am running an Evolution of Speed Manifold coupled with the fuelit stage 3 pump and AI6 split second controller + n20 3.5 bar Tmap sensor. The max boost adaptor was required in the early days when MHD did not have the functionality to log pass 22.5 psi. The bmw DME cannot report pass 22.5 psi even with the n20 sensor installed so in the early days the adaptor was being used as a way around it. In mid 2016 MHD added this functionality to allow tuners to adjust a 3 point mapping table that allows scaling of the sensor voltage to pressure.

So in summary if you are using the n20 sensor with the Maxboost adaptor you need to can "check" the n20 option in MHD before flashing and the DME will interpret the voltage correctly and convert to the right pressure. No further scaling is needed in the logs.

HOWEVER if you only use the n20 map sensor (without the maxboost adaptor) then you need to scale the logs using the 3 point voltage scaling feature in MHD (this essentially replaces the maxboost adaptor). The n20 check box does not need to be ticked in this scenario. The link contains info i have explained along with values required to put in the custom 3 point table in MHD.

http://www.***********.com/showthread.php?71419-N20-and-Maxboost-trying-to-understand-exactly-what-maxboost-does

Also the AI6 controller needs to be programmed using the r4 software to setup the injector pulse rates. This is a free downloadable software. I can go through my emails and find the download link if you like. At the time I was liasing with nizpro, mhd and split second controller to get it all working.

If you are using COBB I can understand why you are still using the adaptor

Tawfeeq

edit: link won't work because its on the other forum. Just google the remaining key words and you will find it on [Admin Notified]
Appreciate 0