View Single Post
      06-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
Kilo_SSK
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I lost one of my friends to an other form of teenage psychological "game" a couple years ago, and can only give you my condoleances.

However, what I can add is that this "blue whale" game does have a Russian origin, even if it was at first present only on the Russian-language Internet ; someone has decided to export it, be it from or out of Russia. At least, now, the Russian internet surveillance organs are actively fighting it (there was a wave of teenage suicides there as well) and it's getting better, but the West is just discovering that plague. I'm all for freedom of speech, but I think it's one of the cases in which something should be actively censored, because it preys on people at the emotionally weakest point of their lives, teenagers, and the people behind these "games" understand these teenagers (they may be themselves) and what can push them to suicide.

If I have gotten things right, it's a "dare game" in which the participants do things like waking up in the middle of the night to listen to sad music, cut themselves, in order to become sadder and sadder until they don't see any hope anymore, give up and take their lives.
But everyone knows what these "games" are, so as it has already been said, the ones starting the challenges are already seriously considering suicide. In other words, if you see anyone following these dares, please, please intervene and see what you can do for that person. Even if he/she isn't your kid, or even from your family and friends, he/she does have a family and friends who should never suffer that pain.
Appreciate 1