View Single Post
      12-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #79
DenverJayhawk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

I'm not going to take the time to respond to each of your comments as it's clear you're trolling.

I will say it's also clear that you don't read any of the car mags, which only compounds how weak your arguments are.

I referenced the radical because it appears you're some what thick to understand that rwd ultimately is the choice for performance dedicated road racing. It doesn't matter if the Radical is a super car or not. The point is the Radical has achieved the quickest time at the 'ring ever on record AND IT USES RWD. PERIOD. Don't argue this because you're grasping for weak argument points. When an AWD vehicle (super car or not) sets the lap record at the 'Ring, let's revisit that argument.

F1 racing will never use AWD, nor will any other dedicated track going race car, be it Viper ACR, Vette, Lotus, or Ferrari. The fact is rwd is better for performance dedicated road racing. You can deny it all you want and it will only show the rest of the people here how little you know or understand. That radical will also smoke your AWD lambos and bugattis.

AWD has it's place, but it's not in ultimate road racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
Got it.

Bolded text restates exactly what I said (after you said it wasn't true twice.)

If you think it was performance driven (after you agreed it wasn't. ) Prove it. Show me when BMW decided that they DIDN'T engage in R&D on an AWD system because it was determined inferior.

What a stupid discussion point.

I know you're not sure. That's why I told you. As for referencing the Radical, how many supercars are we going to bring into the discussion until it's completely irrelevent (as if it's not already )

Porshe, Lambo and Audi no doubt. Their road race history and the success of AWD in road racing is hard to ignore, and they all have great platforms. So yes, I think those are legit contenders, and I think at least 2 of them would use an AWD variant (and it would be GLORIOUS!)

What are you dinosaurs in denial going to do when BMW releases an Xi option M3?

I'm not a magazine racer. You can have this stupid dicussion with a 9 year old, which is about the level of intelligence required to argue about C&D vs. R&T stats anyways. Buckle up, drive, then comment.

Show me some documents. They sound interesting. I'll keep showing you the only time they've shared the track in modern racing, they banned the AWD after it swept 7 out of 7 championships.

Also, call Lambo and Bugatti. I'm sure they'd be interested to know that they're screwing up horribly because they missed the memo with those "documents"

It is. Telling someone to get into the worst driveline format available in snowy conditions so you can justify the fact that you get along "fine" with snow tires is irresponsible and dangerous. People are asking for honest advice about driving safely before spending $50,000, and that is bad advice. You're better off reccomending a FWD corrolla.

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
Appreciate 0