View Single Post
      07-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #4
Faredo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

1. Yes

2. Dealer will have the most info. there are recalls and extensions on various parts. they will know if these have been fulfilled.

3. All a matter of perspective. I personally do not like the way the xdrives handle, but if you've driven it and cant tell a difference from RWD then by all means.

4. Goes without saying
I started with a JB4, then went to JB4 BEF, then left JB4 and went MHD. You will want to search this but I could have saved a few bucks and a lot of headaches if i went MHD to begin with... thats if they where around back then.

5. no input

6. Depending on what youre paying, resale may or may not be a factor. Im really interested in what the market will look like for a clean e9x 335i 5 years from now. That said, a high mile BMW is a hard sale.

7. If its in the cards get a warranty. Parts are very expensive and labor is insane. I would not be able to afford this car if I couldnt do my own work.

PPI would be a good investment. Oil leaks, bad or failing turbos, injector issues, fuel pump/s, coil issues, these are all things that will need to be looked at very closely. The 335i is an amazing car, but its a diva.
Mods related to trouble shooting posts: Stock Turbos, MHD OTS V7 stage 2+ 93 oct, VRSF Downpipes, VRSF Relocated inlets, CTS Turbo 7" Intercooler, Tial BOV with upgraded line 5.56mm, index 12 injectors, A/T OEM Flash.
Appreciate 0