06-28-2019, 02:13 PM   #9
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdb1 View Post
Yes they are similar to the Fulda Sport Contact 2 which I like but are very difficult to get in the UK.

In fact Fulda are a Goodyear owned company manufacturing tyres in Germany so I am certain that there is some technology sharing going on.

Reverting to the OP, if it is motorway pounding that you are doing then are you really looking for the grippiest rubber available? Surely more important to you is noise (which can vary a lot between tyres believe it or not), mileage and fuel efficiency.
Yeah I'm not sure hence why I thought I'd see what people were using. To me it doesn't make too much sense getting something like Pilot Sport 4s when i'm doing motorway miles, however I dont know whether their superior wear rates would bring down the overall cost when you factor that in.
But my simple thinking was to just go for a slightly less expensive tyre, e.g. the likes of Hankook, Nankang, Avon etc but I have no experience with these. I'd like to avoid turning the car all mushy and soft however, I do enjoy driving and like to take the back roads from work on the odd occasion.

Last edited by AD18; 06-28-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0