11-30-2022, 06:02 PM   #15
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
I'm having a very hard time getting my body fat % to go lower, despite lots of activity (half marathon training plus sprint triathlons, weights twice per week) and a "decent" diet. I say decent because I eat pretty well (modified paleo)but I do allow myself one small sweet treat a day. After some research, I am wondering if my insulin levels are spiking with this treat, which in turn slows down my fat burning ability. I am about to go on a sugar detox diet after Christmas to see if that helps. Any thoughts on the above? FWIW, I am in my mid 40's, 6"2, 215 lbs with high teen body fat %. Thx!
Get some kettlebells. Use them daily. Start with a single 30-40lbs if you are strong. 30 is probably ideal. I just ordered my second 40lbs kb. There are lots of workouts on kettlebell kings youtube channel and some great ppl to follow on instagram actually. I have been working out mostly consistently for 24 yrs. Kettlebells are a real game changer. As for the sugar part. I think the more you invest in working out - really working out - you won't want the sugar as bad. Additionally, make sure you are not intaking any nutrisweet or sucralose (fake sugar). I'm 6'2 just shy of 200 lbs. I know if I eat nutrisweet or any kind of artificial sweeteners, my body tends to crash and then crave REAL sugars for some reason. Maybe try Monkfruit for sweetening carbonated water. But only reward yourself with a sweet treat once a week for a while.

Good luck! A healthy habit will likely take twice as long to break as it took to form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0