Rep
Drives: 2011 335is 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORB8 View Post
edf8fde's super clean interior post made me want to compare how different the new BMW Performance SSK I installed looked. Shift is significantly shorter.

Here's some pics for anyone interested, BMW Part 25110434219, $65 on ECS.
I didn't know there was an updated SSK that replaces our stock one, very good price though ...you think its still worth the hassle to replace?

How's the new clutch feeling btw, you end up going with the stock iS one right?
The Short Shifter definitely does it's job, only complaint is neutral is a little farther back as you can see in the pic. I wouldn't want it any shorter, I'm still getting used to it as it is.

As far as install, the interior stuff is easy, and the only thing you really need to do from the bottom is remove the "circlip" and slide out the shift rod. I think you could do it without removing the exhaust, but it depends on that center heat shield. Including replacing all the bushings, it probably added 30 seconds to the clutch replacement.

The clutch doesn't feel all that different. It has an auto adjuster to fix the pedal as it wears. The slip at full throttle is definitely gone though. I would say the only really tough part of the install was reaching the top two trans bolts.
Appreciate 0