06-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #141
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWang
I actually had my brother drive my car with the lux v4's while I drove his, so I could see for myself how they look on the road. Looked pretty nice to me!

Yes the outer rings become less visible standing next to them at an angle, but how often are people looking down at them like that?

Our pre-lci angel eyes were designed this way by BMW...I'm sure they designed them to be visible in other drivers' rear view mirrors and from oncoming traffic...not for some guy in his SUV sitting next to you at a stop light.

I remember when I used to complain about the viewing angel of my parents' LCD TV... but then I stopped complaining because I knew there were design limitations at the time. I was 15.
Bingo.

I think the main thing is, for whatever reason, the stock angel eyes have a better light distribution into the outer ring when you stand close to the car. But when you step back the Lux are infinitely better. It's only us that ever stand inside of 20 feet of the car, and we are more critical as a result. The average person looking at these lights will be much further.

Sheesh.
Appreciate 0