View Single Post
      08-11-2022, 08:20 AM   #1
Brendanssound
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Is my FRM Fried?

I've been attempting to diagnose a drivers seat that stopped working after i had the interior apart (by interior i mean passenger seat + back seat + centre console)

What i was doing in the first place was attempting to dry out my rear passenger side footwell after some really bad rain we had that got itself in through the rear door (i had removed the vapour barrier and never got around to replacing it)

While it was all apart i figured i'd fit the clean up the wiring for the CIC controller after installing an android carplay box.

All went relatively smoothly.. but when i put it back together the driver side seat wont move in any direction. Passenger seat still moves fine.

I've checked fuses, I've checked the voltage at the big yellow connector, I've tried another seat switch, another seat module, and even tried a different loom

I never played with the drivers seat.. nor do i think i played with any of the related wiring.. Though im thinking maybe somewhere along the way of playing with the controller and headunit i've broken a kcan wire?

But i also don't have footwell lights (the welcome lights/dome lights/indicators etc all work), or mirror controls. So now im wondering if ive fried FRM? Thoughts? it's kinda dumb i cant drive my car purely because my feet cant reach the pedal atm

Last edited by Brendanssound; 08-11-2022 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 0