08-11-2022, 12:52 PM   #5
Brendanssound
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
this sub forum is suppose to be concentrated on the audio and entertainment part
of the car.
Is there a way to move thread or shall i just delete and start again?

Quote:
I thought the seats should work as long as they had power.
Exactly!

Quote:
My feeling is that if it was working before you messed with it you probably didn't
plug something back in.
That's how it seems.. But again.. didn't even touch the drivers side. I started off with taking out the passenger seat and pulling carpet up to dry everything out.. (was going to just swap the carpet till i saw what would be involved in doing that), Then headunit.. Moved the android box to the glovebox and rerouted cables to clean it all up a bit.

When trying to get the controller working in the first place there were issues with the pin for power not supplying power.. so we connected it (At the time) back to the CD Changer power cable to get it working.. I cleaned this up by rewiring it to power off the headunit.. While doing this i did let a wire slip out of my hand and it shorted.. replaced fuse.. all good again.. continued work..

Noticed some of the kcan wiring was a bit cut up at the back of headunit.. I had some factory loom left over from old unit so i heatshrinked some new wire on there and ran to controller.. at first didnt work.. ended up chasing that for a day before figuring out the controller adaptor loom supplied with android box is just a bit flaky

Also installed some paddle shifters with LCI Resister mod, cleaned up some "soft touch" plastics on wheel + the radio fascia

Basically after that i was putting stuff back together..

Then i noticed seat not moving..
(The footwell lights or power mirrors haven't worked in awhile.. i never bothered to fix)

Quote:
Are you sure you have a good battery? (As in have you measured the voltage)
Happens to be a brand new battery. I have a good reputation for killing batteries. But I'm learning.. attaching the charger whenever i work on car and everything.
Appreciate 0