08-13-2022, 09:10 AM   #10
Brendanssound
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
You might try disconnecting the Head Unit if that is what you where playing with
and rerunning diagnostic. The idea being that if there is something loading down
the Can Bus and you disconnect it the other things start working.
Is that a thing? I know the MOST Bus will stop working if 1 thing is not operating. I did not know the same can be said about the can bus. Either way I'm going to try it tomorrow. I also want to check voltage at the seats bus wires and see if theres any life there... I have so far only checked voltage is definately present.
I spent today replacing the footwell module (i probably could have just reset the short circuit counter but the FRM in donor car was a FRM2 so free upgrade.. AND i replaced the JBE module to rule that out. Turned out to be a good idea... i found a bit of corrosion on like 3 pins in one corner..
I now have footwell lights.. still no side view mirror.. Haven't re-read the error codes again so far to see whats left. I just desperately need my seat to work.. and at this point I'm pretty convinced those can wires are not doing what they're meant to..

On a side note.. if you ctuna or anyone else following along knows where exactly the factory drivers seat wiring runs along.. Would save me a bunch of time..
Else I'm going to rip carpet from the donor car (theres no dash anyway since i already pinched that for mine) and manually trace it through and find out what i've broken.

Anyone else reading this that's about to do a retrofit.. for dash/headlights/radio.. whatever.. take my advice.. dont mess about and just transfer EVERYTHING if you can.. Would have saved me a bunch of trouble.
Appreciate 0