08-14-2022, 06:27 AM   #13
Brendanssound
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
broken wire or connector is what I would suspect first or smashed connector.
Great.. but where? I've checked the big yellow plug and swapped the loom under the seats that go to every motor (with seat still installed and some big fingers mind you.. unpleasant job). This included swapping the module over for another one as well. And the switch panel on side of seat (swapped all back once it didn't work)

Quote:
On those piggy back android units you usually have to transfer
the Most Connector to the new Android harness.
Correct. So I took it all out today.. and it may not go back in to be honest now that I've heard the audio quality for myself and learnt about "Mr12Volt"

Quote:
Kcan bus problem could cause multiple modules to be down.
I definitely suspect a kcan issue.. ISTA even says "Communication" issue which makes me think it has to be kcan related.. BUT see earlier post about seeing voltage on kcan line.. is that a normal reading? Not sure.. everyone says JBE is the kcan Gateway.. so I put jbe from donor car in and still no dice..

Quote:
Be sure to check your battery a voltage below 12 can cause phantom error's on diagnostics

If you disconnect a seat with the battery connected it can generate and seat
belt error code that has to be reset.
Yes I have a airbag code and pretty sure I saw a belt tensioner error in ISTA.. Was prepared to clear that when all is said and done but I just don't know how this is stopping my seat from moving at all

Quote:
If front seats are removed and reinstalled if you tighten the hold down screws to tight and the worm gear drive for forward and back will be frozen.
And up/down/bolster adjustment..? Because in my case drivers seat is completely dead. I actually never touched the drivers seat.. I had set drivers seat all the way back to get more clearance under the dash while running wires for the paddle shifters retrofit. Seat has never moved since.. totally dead.. no click or anything. Passenger seat is still absolutely fine.

Short of factory coding the frm2 (haven't done so already) I'm out of ideas.. maybe swap the fuse box over? But I have voltage at the plug.. so.. that makes no sense either.

The only idea I have left is I have 2 bad seat modules.. what are the odds.. (1 of which should be working since it was when I swapped the seats in first place)

Or the kcan bus is not waking the seat (again.. there's voltage there so to me that sounds like wire is not broken)

I'll take any ideas at this point
Appreciate 0