View Single Post
      06-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

E92 Mtech Front Bumper Replica Review - JGMods

As far as I know, JGMods is the only vendor that is offering a Polyurethane MTech replica front bumper at the present time. I'm sure that all vendors will be offering this product in the near future. I have seen a few fiberglass replicas (gross) but this was the first polyurethane, replica bumper that I have found.

Let me start off by saying that I have no affiliation with JGMods and this is the first product that I have ordered from them. The bumper was very well packed and contained all of the necessary parts for the install.

The kit included the bumper, all three lower grilles, fog lights, bulbs, fog light mounting bracket, headlight washer covers, two hook covers, and a euro plate mount which found it's way to the trash.

A few parts needed to be transferred from the oem bumper to the new bumper including kidney grilles, the metal bumper guide, and screw hole mounts (lack of correct term).

The grilles all lined up and snapped in with ease. Fitment was perfect on all lower grilles. I initially installed the fog lights before realizing that the solid rectangular portion of the fog light housing wouldn't allow any air flow to the oil cooler, brake ducts, or my Stett CAI. Due to this, I have temporarily removed the fog lights until I come up with a better solution. I may take a dremel and cut out the rectangular portion or I may explore other options including fog delete and 335is ducts.

Another noteworthy finding is that the fog light bulb is an H11 where the OEM bulb (for my car) is an H8. I was hoping to swap over my aftermarket fog bulbs but was unable to do so.

Your existing tow hook cover and headlight washer cover is not a good fit for this bumper which is why my tow hook cover is missing in the photos. The headlight washer covers included are for those who actually have headlight washers. I do not have headlight washers so I had to use the existing covers which are a slightly loose.

The fitment of the bumper itself is pretty good for the most part. I have a slight gap difference between the headlights and grilles. This will probably just take a minor tweak to get this right. GAP UPDATE IN POST 8. GAP WAS MY FAULT, NOT JGMODS!!The bumper lined up perfectly with the fenders and the gap is equal from side to side.

The screw holes that attach the bottom of the bumper to the splash shield were well aligned with the exception of one which was off. This could be one of the reasons that when you by from Tischer, they include a separate splash shield to fit the MTech bumper.

Overall, I am very pleased with this replica bumper from JGMods. One thing that I love is no more side bumper reflectors . The increased air flow to the FMIC and intake filter should help the car be a bit more responsive as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions for me.

Last edited by JStang; 06-18-2012 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0