View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #23
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinWake View Post
Yeah I like the cleaner solution part but not the more expensive tbh, right now I use the aux and a bluetooth adapter to listen to music on my phone so the quality would pretty much be the same if the unit uses the aux I would think.. also if I am going to get the avin or whatever I might as well just buy it from aliexpress since its the exact same thing that the avin company sells but its just re branded and put at a higher price
Well sorta... the AVIN units have some customer support for when these units start being glitchy, forgetting presets, etc. Do some research, it's pretty glitchy and has some issues.

Also remember that quality is going to go down from your current bluetooth. What most people fail to even understand is that your phone compresses the audio to send it bluetooth as a digital format... then the avin with its own bluetooth unit, coverts that to an analog signal (with a pretty shitty digital audio converter that is built in) to send that signal back out of the AVIN to your AUX... the AUX then sends that signal to the Headunit and coverts it to a digital signal again to then go to the AMP which again coverts it to Analog to go to the speakers. Too many Digital to analog and back again conversions to get a clean sound.

Keep your CIC (and retrofit combox and aps) or retrofit NBT... really the only ways to get quality audio out of your L7 without replacing the amp. If you were to upgrade to a high end DSP/amp, most of them have a AUX in that is lossless. Technically you should be able to connect the AVIN to that AUX and have a better signal, however you still are relying on the crappy Chinese DAC built into the AVIN.
Appreciate 1
Nickco431457.50