View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #27
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinWake View Post
I knew me saying flashy was gonna be bad lol, didnt mean that, I just like how it looks better for someone who does not know about cic and ccc (meaning non enthusiast) these aftermarket units with literally being a tablet have a lot of benefits at least for me, the 8.1 has a 6 core cpu and the 7.1 is a 4 core cpu with less rom and a bit less hard drive space, but I am interested in being able to use my current cic and code bluetooth for music onto it since you mentioned it how would I do that? and updating the maps for free? if just adding bluetooth to my current cic is gonna be more expensive then buying a aftermarket unit then for me personally its not really worth it I would just keep using my aux cord, but for the price of the aftermarket unit getting bluetooth plus google maps, waze, and other apps to stream music/videos I would say its a fair price. Yeah my music might sound a bit shitty but I could get an aux splitter so when I want that sweet logic 7 sound I could have it. I see what the other user said about the bad reviews of these aftermarket units and thats to be expected I mean not that many people buy it see that it works really good and go post saying its great most people when they post its because something is wrong and I might just buy one and it could be shit lol, but most people I have talked to on some group chats (MBC) say they like it, streaming movies and stuff looks good and the screen is fine, so I understand its not the best option to put a Chinese box into our German cars but for a price to price ratio vs retrofitting something else idk man..
Don't quote me on this... Nickco43 can probably answer this better... but I think you can add the Combox and code the car for apps plus the New maps for less than a couple hundred dollars these days if you DIY.
Appreciate 0