View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
I'm having issues with the rear left abs/speed sensor [SIGNAL]. The sensor has been replaced (OEM) and even the CV axle has been replaced. [Replaced by WHOM?] I attached the codes that come up on my car. [D35B: NO LDM Signal; 5DB3: LR Wheel Speed Plausibility; 5DB6: LR Wheel Rotation Direction]
Quote:
...the abs, dtc and brake lights are on. [Intermittently?] I can't drive any distance now before the lights turn on. And the speed reading on that wheel is intermittent. [HOW are you monitoring LR Wheel Speed? -- Is "Rotation Direction" ALSO Intermittent?] The wiring at the abs sensor was supposedly replaced at the Abs sensor [ Exactly WHAT wiring was replaced (from "Point X to Point Y" defined), WHEN, WHY & BY WHOM?]
Quote:
So the dealer checked the wiring and the voltage which was comparable on both sides and said the dsc control unit has to be replaced. [Do you have an invoice you can attach a scan of, or ANYTHING that identifies any Fault Codes or Tests which indicate a BAD DSC Module???] But they want $3900 for a new one. But they were saying that they might put in a refurbished one. Would I be able to register the new one with the protool? Maybe the dealer misdiagnosed the problem?
>> "Maybe"

If the tone of questions inserted in your descriptions above seems harsh, I'm NOT trying to be Snarky, I'm trying to get you to critically evaluate & question anything that was done, either by you, or "allegedly" by others (Dealer, Indy, etc.) rather than ASSuming that it was done correctly, or the reason it was done was based upon correct diagnosis.

The general impression I get from what is quoted above is that you have a wiring fault in the Connector or wiring for the LR Wheel Speed Sensor, somewhere between the Sensor itself, and the DSC beside the brake master cylinder, and NO ONE has actually tested that wiring for intermittent short to ground or open circuit, and parts have been "Thrown" and Dealer is NOW trying to CYA by blaming the DSC Module (or maybe actually sell you a new car ;-)

I can't tell year & model from your Thread Info, so going by "325i" I'll just provide link to TIS ABS circuit diagram for "Late" 2006 or "Early" 2007 325i N52 (E90), built 3/1 2006 - 2/28/2007:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ol-dsc/eukxvG6

Note that the Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (B4) has Blue & Brown wires, and the continuity of EACH should be visually inspected where possible, and electrically tested from Sensor to DSC, while jiggling/moving the exposed wiring. Check EVERYTHING, including pins & sockets of the connectors, cleaning with Electronic Contact Cleaner & reassembling, then testing for proper speed & rotation readings while operating (assuming ProTool can give you LIVE Parameters of BOTH speed & rotation while the vehicle is operated).

Have you CLEARED all the codes and then read codes again immediately after the Warning Icons appear on dash? Do you ALWAYS get ALL THREE of the codes, and is the mileage for each being saved ALWAYS the same (as opposed to ONE being an earlier mileage/km than other(s)?

I can't say for sure that your DSC does NOT have an internal fault, but if your ProTool is reading live data of Wheel Speed Sensor Inputs, and the fault is ALWAYS the same wheel and the SAME codes, if the DSC DOES have an internal fault, it would seem to be isolated to Pins #36 & #37 of Connector X18303, so also check for any damage to those two pins & sockets at the DSC and its Connector (Pins can get broken or sockets damaged/ corroded). A wiring/Connector issue is MUCH more likely (statistically-speaking ;-) than an internal fault in the DSC.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 0