Pep423
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep423 View Post
My bearing issue came back about 2 weeks ago and last week I got rid of the car (CarMax). It was about 6 months since I got the repair work done. I knew there was a good chance it would come back but I was hoping I could get a couple more years out of it.

On Friday I flew down to Atlanta from Chicago and picked up a 2019 Stinger GT RWD. I'm done with BMWs for a while.

I ended up getting a 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty on the Stinger. Haven't really driven it too hard but it certainly doesn't have as much grunt down low but I can tell up higher it the revs it pulls quite strong.

Ride is slightly softer than the 335d but I don't mind it, most roads up here are shit. Steering feel is lighter though. I like the D's heavy steering better. Only thing I would want to change with the stinger is lowering it. Has slightly more than a 3 finger gap. I don't understand why most manufactures leave such a big gap. Not sure if I'll do anything about the suspension since it affects the warranty.

Anyway, good luck to everyone with their D's. Really loved that car but it broke my heart too many times.
Sorry to hear you had to part ways with your 335D. I've read some good reviews about the Stinger so hopefully you'll enjoy every bit of driving it.

Out of curiosity, what were the symptoms/issues that led to the diagnosis of the failed bearing? I'm guessing Carmax didn't happen to catch the issue, did they?
CarMax could hear the noise but I'm sure they didn't suspect a bearing.

It was the same noise, not as pronounced, as the first time. After getting it fixed, I told myself I would get rid of it as soon as I started hearing any noise.
Appreciate 0