Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Doe5this really work for you...?

I'm asking an honest question because I believe that it's impossible to lie to oneself, without being delusional.

Most intelligent people are incapable of being delusional, because their perception is based on experience and teaching based on interactions with their environment.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence... Just trying to see if your method would work for those of us who have accepted the "reality " that we do not belong here
What reality? The one that you created in your head? Saying that you don’t belong here sounds like a delusion to me.

Is it better to be delusional and happy or miserable and realistic?

I don’t know if it works, but I know I don’t constantly think about how miserable I am anymore. Maybe I am delusional but at least I’m no longer slowly killing my self with negativity.
well said.

But we're both making the same point.

The reality that we create for ourselves is the reality that we accept and live with. So, regardless if we are accepting that we don't belong in this world, or we are accepting the lies we tell ourselves.... is that truly accepting "reality"?

The only thing I'm really trying to relay to the OP, especially in my current position (where I am mostly due to my chosen profession and life experience) is that we're not alone... which is usually the feelings that prompt the action of reaching out to others.

Thais is what is thread is... a call for help.