View Single Post
      04-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKo View Post
Are you guys serious they are asking you to waive rights to get the retrofit for a part that should have existed in the first place? And are you suggesting that BMW is requiring confidentiality if you are given the retrofit? Please scan and post this document or fax it to me at 404.255.7373. My interest in filing a class action is increasing. Tx.
This is an extremely touchy subject Drew, I can tell by the way the subject has died down that people have already signed. This Doc does not void any warranty, but it does have fine print that gives BMW the right to sue if the signer of the doc further discusses the issue. I will be more than happy to sign it AFTER I get the cooler. It's rather strange how vague things get when you ask how long or when will I get the cooler AFTER signing. I feel it's a trick I would rather sign in the service isle upon the part being installed within a reasonable amount of time. For now after you sign this doc your at the mercy of the Big Corp to provide a part which is on back order coincidentally for an indefinite amount of time......

I hope all that have signed so far realize what you have signed, it's no promissory note or guarantee of anything. All it is is a release form in the favor of BMW to protect themselves from the misrepresentation they have committed by selling a car without a part that was later(current production)installed and deemed necessary by there own engineers. This was just a regular uncomplicated fix so I thought, but now BMW has decided to bring there legal department into it. That should light up bells and whistles in anyones head that something is rotten in Denmark.......
Appreciate 0