DrewKo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue Saddle Brown

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnapper View Post
This is an extremely touchy subject Drew, I can tell by the way the subject has died down that people have already signed. This Doc does not void any warranty, but it does have fine print that gives BMW the right to sue if the signer of the doc further discusses the issue. I will be more than happy to sign it AFTER I get the cooler. It's rather strange how vague things get when you ask how long or when will I get the cooler AFTER signing. I feel it's a trick I would rather sign in the service isle upon the part being installed within a reasonable amount of time. For now after you sign this doc your at the mercy of the Big Corp to provide a part which is on back order coincidentally for an indefinite amount of time......
Gives BMW the right to sue for further discussing the issue (for what though--what damages?; is BMW going to take the oil cooler back out? Plus this topic is public knowledge and no judge would enforce such a provision when the damaging information is already publicly known), then that in my mind is a clear sign BMW is trying to covertly deal with the issue and force silence upon those who are assisted. Companies usually do this when they know they have done something wrong.
Appreciate 0