View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #129
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez_2get View Post
Just came back from Alex's (blackboxmycar) place to get my DR400G setup on my 2007 e90 pre lci. . Camera is setup by Alex himself, on the upper part of the windshield which is slightly tinted (stock e90 pre lci windshield). This was setup out of the box, so the settings are all default including date/time. It's pretty muck OK except that the glare/reflection of my dashboard is so visible on the video. Dunno if it was just due to the gloomy weather, or due to the upper tint on the windshield, or due to the angle the camera was set, or whatever. I will experiment to see if I can lessen (if not eliminate) the glare/reflection being captured by the video.

Any ideas folks how to get rid of glares/refelction? Alex btw set it up nicely, hiding the cord out of the sight. No errors. I like the cool pastel-like color of the switch. Tnx Alex.

Note: Alex took a DIY video of how the power kit was connected to one of the fuse in the fuse box by the glove box. He'll post it here soon
I heard you need to set the camera closer to the windshield to lessen the reflection effect.
Appreciate 0