View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #180
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowin View Post
I don't personally doubt the improvements over a regular kit. It's just that as a technical crowd, a lot of people prefer to see proof of things, and not just accept something based on theory. So to take what you're saying, then one would try to objectively show this difference as best as possible, by doing some logging at partial throttle maybe? Don't take that as an actual suggestion though, I'm just saying there must be some way to try to produce some data.

Anyway, it's up to Shiv what / how he decides to market his new kit, and whether there's more to his aversion to do the test / show results of it, only he knows. People will continue speculating until they see numbers I think.

I guess I was trying to translate their concerns as a neutral person...
I dont think any logs would show anything concrete though.

IAT would be reduced with both kits. Ignition should be good with both kits. The difference is one is using a large nozzle at a fixed PSI. The other is using using less methanol in areas it does need as much to produce the same IAT (maybe slightly better) and same ignition. As you know with this car ignition can only go so high per the ignition tables.

Again, the idea is efficiency so all it is doing is what a traditional system cant do and that is atomize methanol at a lower pressure. In turn, what that allows is methanol to be sprayed at partial boost or as IDC increase/decrease etc.
Appreciate 0