View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #203
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Dealers in the US can change BMW Assist registery information. However, the system only accepts ZIP code, not our Postal codes. I've switch it over on one of my cars, but have not tested it.

You do not need a cluster swap or re-program. These tactics are used to make importing less attractive and recoupe a few dollars from individuals that don't know any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
Just finished importing a car into Canada from the U.S.. Went pretty smooth. The dealers are being dicks here though. I know I'm entitled to warranty work here but that's about it. Since the car I bought was only built in April of this year it still has some time left on the BMW Assist. The dealer wanted $3K to have that switched over to Canada. They said I need a new cluster and Canadian software. What a crock of shit. I think if I press the Assist button I'll be connected to the U.S. version of it and it will still work. It's amazing how you're treated like a piece of crap. The previous 20 years me and my family have spent on Bimmers means jack shit. Sigh.
Appreciate 0