Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Yeah, I noticed alot of cocky BMW owners in bimmer boards
say that alot. "stating an opinion." yeah well, insulting and stupid
comments doesn't have to be everywhere, it just makes this
board look immature. No different than rice honda boards.

Would you like to see people "Stating an opinion" to you,
when you got your brand new car and they just totally put down
your car? or I don't know, you got an award and people are just
saying its bullsh1t. How would you like that?

Like what you said, "not respecting other opinions though does",
not respecting other people's work is just as ignorant and stupid
as not respecting other opinions.

and it wasn't even really an opinion, it was just bunch of
ignorant assholes in this thread just having fun criticizing.
I guess there are alot of 16 yrs old kids in BMW boards too.

oh, and "im stating my opinion" here too, so don't flame me.

Donīt worry, Iīm not going to flame.

While I agree that my wording might have been a little inappropriate I stand by my opinion. I think thatīs a really bad stereo install. And Iīve seen many. Iīve done many in fact.
And Iīve posted my car, itīs interior, my stereo setup, aftermarket rear lights and other things and have invited opinions on them and have gotten the full range of answers. From a non-critical thumbs-up from the (as long as itīs different from stock itīs great - crowd) to comments very similar to those I stated here. Theyīre all fine with me and welcome. Iīd rather have someone to be honest than polite. As long as itīs on the subject and not personal, I believe it should be welcomed. Isnīt that what these boards are for ? Sharing knowledge and opinions?
Or do people post here solely looking for uncritical applause? If so, Iīm on the wrong forum.

BTW, I do respect the work shown here. Itīs solid and cleanly done. Itīs the concept that seems amateurish (especially for a pro install). Using so much trunk space for a single woofer is plain silly (a transmission line box in the trunk of a sedan is even sillier). The woofer itself is clearly a show-woofer manufatured for looks and marketing but not for sound quality (that huge magnet is not there for acoustical reasons but purely for show) and the integration into the (in the context of expensive aftermarket installs) mediocre Logic 7 system seems half-hearted.