View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #47
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Sorry, i have not been paying attention. When i saw "vacuum connection pipe", I re-read this thread an noticed this picture. It doesn't show it all but it looks like a simple style EGR valve as I had on my E46 320d. No feedback sensor on it? In that case, simply pull off the rubber vacuum line, insert a bolt into it to block airflow, and voila. No more EGR. 20 second job. Worked fine on two of my E46's.

My comment ("surprised if light doesn't come on") was based on the newer systems. The EGR valve has a feedback sensor, so one can't disable it. What I did was remove the butterfly valve from the body/axle. Feedback sensors are on the axle drive mechanisme, so it should not give a fault code. But it did. Due to MAF check.
The blue smoke remark though might indicate the combination of a closing butterfly valve, and disabled EGR flow, results in negative intake pressures causing oil to come up passed the rings. And i do believe the E46 did not have a butterfly valve.
If you have access to a BT tool, or OBD reader, look at what boost pressure does

My butterfly valve is back in. I put it back because it seriousy affects warm up times of the engine. Thru my OBD reader I know how to drive so the engine does not request EGR, except for warm up. But that's likely easier on a 320d than on a 330/335d as my average engine load is higher due to the smaller displacement.
I have the Evolve remap, makes no difference in this respect.

regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNormal View Post
Here's a picture of my removed egr valve, this is aprox 100,000 miles old :
Appreciate 0