02-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
How long had the car been running when you took that vid. Under 20% humidity is dry, you will see any delta in humidity pretty plainly. Seems in that vid it gets absorbed in the air pretty quickly, like it's water/condensation. Call me crazy. Now if it was >=35% humidity and the same amount I might think differently.
Car had been running for ~15 minutes or so, temps were 235ish??

Right now its 30% out and 48, and I let the car idle for ~10-12 minutes while scanning with BT tool and checking things out (NO CODES PRESENT) noticed that the exhaust tips were dark, it was condensation. I gave it some gas and revved it and had some puddles then, also noticed two other spots where I had leaks, (yes, leaks). The BMW PE is clamped together in the middle of the mufflers, I had a dark spot under that clamp and the LEFT exhaust pipe BEHIND the clamp (towards the engine not muffler) was black/dark and had a small drop of dark spot there on that part of the concrete too. So MAYBE, just MAYBE do the clamps need to be tightened up and that is allowing JUST enough air to get into the system then to cause this?

And does letting the car idle help EXPEL water from the exhaust system or does it CAUSE more water to form which is why I had just been able to get the puddles?

But LEFT SIDE pipe only on the clamp near the axel was dark, the right side was not at all, but I do have puddles behind BOTH sides exhaust.

Its interesting for sure. Im just glad I can pass along as much info as possible.