02-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Well part of it looks normal. But if its white and out the exhaust its either condensation OR you have water getting into your engine like skydive said. Blown headgaskets are most common but with this car coolant does go through the turbo's so there are many things to look into.

Without anyone tearing down the car or seeing it in person I dont think we can offer you much help.

So monitor coolant levels. Be aware that if your engine ingest to much water you can hydrolock and boom.

If the exhaust smells sweet (not rotten eggs) it's coolant.
No rotten eggs or sweet smell, just normal exhaust smell. Im stock. I think what would be best is to get some coolant added so I have something to go by on that end of it. Cold it was at the absolute min level. I then checked it after 2 minutes of driving very slowly and letting sit for a minute. It had moved a little but not much, but had moved up.

I even had a performance shop nearby look at it, he was as baffeled as the rest of us, but had the same conclusions. I really hope whatever it is is not causing engine damage.