06-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #37
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
So I researched this Error on Flash Programming 211 error for many people who are trying to update KOMBI.

[snip]

It won't be the latest updates, but using this method I updated my KOMBI from 2006 to 2013 win new chimes, DSC icon etc etc. Everything works perfectly.

Hope this helps someone
Sensible_ - this is one of the most useful threads I've come upon. Appreciated !

Had the exact same issue. Had to go from the WinKfp-suggested 9316151 [Mar'14-], to 9283839 [Jul'12-Aug'15] - which also did not work, to 9242370 [Mar'11-Nov'13] - which finally worked. Sure it's better than the 2010 version I had ('07 car), but seems I didn't get any change in chimes, DSC icons or whatever :-(. Not that I care for any of these specific items, but over all not getting anything past this 2011 version is quite frustrating in 2017. (I tried after the update to see if it'll take the 9316151 - no dice)

So now only the dealer can bump me to the latest ? Or can anyone with a ISTA/P ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
That error occurs when the project number of the existing firmware and the ZB number you're trying to flash are different.

ZB number 9148031 is project number 1I50F and ZB number 9316154 is project number 2JU0F.
Well all these errors, for all the different cars/part no.'s, are complaining about these project numbers being wrong - can you maybe explain as to why this is happening ? Are the newer version not compatible ? Doesn't sound like it to me (mine all say 'Exchangeable retrospectively'). So what exactly is causing this ??
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0