View Single Post
      06-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #38
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Sensible_ - this is one of the most useful threads I've come upon. Appreciated !

Had the exact same issue. Had to go from the WinKfp-suggested 9316151 [Mar'14-], to 9283839 [Jul'12-Aug'15] - which also did not work, to 9242370 [Mar'11-Nov'13] - which finally worked. Sure it's better than the 2010 version I had ('07 car), but seems I didn't get any change in chimes, DSC icons or whatever :-(. Not that I care for any of these specific items, but over all not getting anything past this 2011 version is quite frustrating in 2017. (I tried after the update to see if it'll take the 9316151 - no dice)

So now only the dealer can bump me to the latest ? Or can anyone with a ISTA/P ?

Well all these errors, for all the different cars/part no.'s, are complaining about these project numbers being wrong - can you maybe explain as to why this is happening ? Are the newer version not compatible ? Doesn't sound like it to me (mine all say 'Exchangeable retrospectively'). So what exactly is causing this ??
The newer parts are compatible with older cars, but that doesn't mean the newer part's software can be installed on the older parts. Usually BMW is pretty good about setting up WinKFP so that it doesn't try to flash incompatible software, but I guess they messed up this time.
Appreciate 0