Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraphantm View Post
The newer parts are compatible with older cars, but that doesn't mean the newer part's software can be installed on the older parts. Usually BMW is pretty good about setting up WinKFP so that it doesn't try to flash incompatible software, but I guess they messed up this time.
So you are saying these newer ZB's are plain incompatible for my hardware ? and thus no one, dealer incl., can upgrade mine further (well, at least until possibly a new version comes out that is compatible, chances of which are 0) ?
Correct.

It depends though. Sometimes updates can be forced if the changes are very small. This is not recommended though. And I wouldn't do this without direct chip recovery tools.

The bottom line is that is a software revision isn't qualified for a specific hardware number it should not be flashed. Many people misunderstand what the see on websites like realoem and bmwfans.info.

The e9x chassis is now some 5 years dead. I would expect the only software updates qualified now will be for safety / recall reasons.
Appreciate 0