View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 01:31 AM   #71
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum11 View Post
After reading this thread can't say am looking forward to the next MOT. Am not really sure what causes the smoking but like I said, the PO seems to suggest that it's the extra diesel fed into the engine that is not properly burnt off. Obviously this could be completely wrong but I did not plan on buying a car that smokes around, not even for superior speed which the car actually has. To be honest I am seriously thinking of returning the car but that will just be another headache.

I checked the prices of DPFs and they cost at least £300. If I add that to the cost of undoing the remap that should easily go past £600. Unless of course he is right that I need to change the injector nozzles or whatever he is talking about and the smoke will go away. I feel like it could take me down the rabbit hole and cost me far more than I bargained so maybe returning it is best so I can cut my losses.

I guess the question is Does remapping always lead to smoking if DPF is removed? Is there a way of easily checking that the DPF has been removed since there is no guarantee you can tell it's there in the first place? What did I get myself into? Kinda looks like BMW is actually starting to break my wallet and haven't taken it for a proper spin yet.
you will be fine for mot,,the emissions test is not an emissions test yet,,just visible smoke ytest,,but as its smoking it may fail....could be lot's of things,,could be the remap over fuelling etc..maf sesor/boost leak etc,,but sounds to me like you have bought some one elses problem,,coz they have bullshitted you with talk about injectors etc,,get a proper diagnostics read,,or get ya car to bw chiptune in middlesex,,he can fix it and find out everything about it
Appreciate 0