View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 08:07 AM   #74
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum11 View Post
After reading this thread can't say am looking forward to the next MOT. Am not really sure what causes the smoking but like I said, the PO seems to suggest that it's the extra diesel fed into the engine that is not properly burnt off. Obviously this could be completely wrong but I did not plan on buying a car that smokes around, not even for superior speed which the car actually has. To be honest I am seriously thinking of returning the car but that will just be another headache.

I checked the prices of DPFs and they cost at least £300. If I add that to the cost of undoing the remap that should easily go past £600. Unless of course he is right that I need to change the injector nozzles or whatever he is talking about and the smoke will go away. I feel like it could take me down the rabbit hole and cost me far more than I bargained so maybe returning it is best so I can cut my losses.

I guess the question is Does remapping always lead to smoking if DPF is removed? Is there a way of easily checking that the DPF has been removed since there is no guarantee you can tell it's there in the first place? What did I get myself into? Kinda looks like BMW is actually starting to break my wallet and haven't taken it for a proper spin yet.
What colour is the smoke? You shouldn't have any smoke at idle, usually when the DPF is removed you'll get a small puff of black on WOT. If its smoking on idle then there's a problem, but like the others said you could really do with investing in something like a Carly Adapter or K+DCAN. Not only for this issue but it's so beneficial to keep on top of the car and save a huge amount of money
Appreciate 0