View Single Post
      11-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #14
twastheglow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 335i - '80 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqu3 View Post
There's a few tuners out there that will remove the emissions coding, but getting it all done(tune and deletes) will run you $3000. Maybe a bit less. This significantly increases reliability. No point in requesting a sticky. It has been requested many times to no avail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulonger View Post
All can be dealt with. Prices vary.

AAR racepipe eliminates EGR and cooler. Need coding to avoid SES light.
Downpipe (Bohl, Buzzken, others) eliminates DPF. Need coding to 'forget' function and disable regens.
SCR can be gutted / replaced. Can also remove nozzle, remove swirl, remove tank. Need coding to turn off spray.
Tuners are various - Bob at BPC, Jarek (US rep is AA Rodriguez), others

Look up post about alphabet delete. Look at BPC posts and posts containing Jarek's name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
CBU costs $1200 AFAIK. Search for the PDF with the SIB/TIS that describes symptoms and procedure. Not everyone has experienced the need to have it done, no matter what "everyone" says.

SCR tank and related NOx sensors are the most prevalent problem circa 100K-120K miles - don't think that anyone is going to avoid them. There are a couple DIY/fixes for a couple issues with SCR tank sensors. SCR tanks are $800-$1500 (not $7k.)

Engine and transmission are pretty solid; lots of people well over 100K with no problems. Don't see why they won't run 300K+.

Search terms: CBU, DPF, SCR (and/or DEF), NOx, EGR.

There is no sticky because the admins are strict about any promotion of illegal stuff, and every delete and tune are illegal. There are several posts both here and bimmerfest that answer your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
My best advice would be - delete the items (if you can) that are known to be issues.

DFP/SCR, EGR block, Swirl flap delete, BPC tune, Down pipe, FMIC upgrade.

When/if something breaks - plan to replace the item with a performance part and mod the car a little at a time.
This literally sums up almost, if not all my questions. I will continue to do my due diligence and read, read, read.

This car would be my daily so I'm just trying to research ahead of time to make sure I'm not considering a problem-child car. My E90 330xi has been absolutely excellent from a reliability stand point (knocks on wood), but I've been considering something with a little more power. I decided against the 335i due to the constant lingering turbo/HPFP issues. My dad has always been a huge diesel fan (owned many VW diesels as well as currently owning a manual converted E28 524d) so I thought I'd consider a 335d (dat torque doe).

Mike
Appreciate 0