Thread: Rear Right Leak
View Single Post
      04-16-2021, 11:26 AM   #16
FIetch
Rep
Drives: BMW 325d E90 lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
No offense, TBH, your video pretty much sucks. I didn't see any "damp patch" on your driveway. All I saw was some wet dirt on the subframe mount.

All anyone is doing is guessing. To diagnose it you'll need to touch a sample of it to determine why type of liquid it is. Perhaps find a small plastic cup and place it under the area of the car where you think it is leaking from to capture some of the fluid. A simple inspection of the brake piping (hard line and hose) will show signs of brake fluid leaking. Same for the caliper, it can only leak from the bleed screw, piston seal, or where the brake hose threads in to the caliper.

The only other sources of liquid at the right rear are gasoline (where the filler hose comes down from the filler neck), the right rear shock (the oil would drip from the shock body out of the piston seal), and perhaps the battery if it has been leaking, or maybe over-charging and the acid is coming from the vent pipe that drains out from the battery box in the right rear.

I guess rusted water since you stated the brake fluid level is full and there is no oil on the shock absorber and because the rear subframe has a lot of rust on it (and probably inside it); the subframe seems to have cracks emanating from the production tooling holes.

I hope you find the source.
Why do you need to see the damp patch?? Do think I'm lying?? haha. Daft lad. The video shows the location of the drip, thats all it needed.

Thanks for the rest of the helpful stuff.

Once again, it isn't rusty water That wouldn't leave a patch on my drive for months on end would it.
Appreciate 0