View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 11:03 AM   #19
Terryk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 mineral grey N47 ed

dear ghost rider,

many thanks for your answer and for all the info you have shared with us in this thread. I just ordered a shorter 6pk 1660 belt as you did in the past. I will have it tomorrow and will swap it on wednesday probably since it is raining heavily and will continue tomorrow too.
I do have a mechanical whining noise which comes and goes in a certain and stable repetition rate (1 sec it does the noise, 2 secs no noise, then again 1 sec noise and 2 no noise etc). so when idle and when car is rolling below 2000rpm you can hear whin-pause-pause-whin-pause-pause-whin-pause etc.
This is a noise that i have it for 2 years now and everyone had advised me that i shouldn't worry or search it till my compressor doesn't operate properly (which now does operate 100% perfectly).
now, beacuse I do not want to have any issues in the future with any pump operating from the belt, I decided to search a little more and I will replace the bearing for start and see how it goes.
just for the history, small engines like mine have a Calsonic Casei compressor and not a Denso.
thanks again. will report back with results in a week.