View Single Post
      10-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #25
Kulcskeszito
Rep
Drives: E93 225i

Thank you very much jamesm77
Do you remember how powerful was the charger what you used under the upgrade process?
I'll check the plan first how many modules are affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm77 View Post
I wish I had recorded more detail about how I set up the ICOM and my computer as these questions come up from time to time. It's been a year and a half and I never used that tool or software again afterwards so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

I believe I left the ini settings more-or-less alone and just chose something along the lines of "directly connected ICOM" or "local network" inside the program, I also seem to remember that I manually configured my computer's IP to be in the ICOM's default subnet so I didn't need DHCP. Then I just connected it to the OBD and optical ports and plugged the car into a charger.

After that I connected to the car and the software automatically noticed a few modules that needed attention and/or updates and built a flash plan to address the issues. I think pretty much all I had to do was tell it to start and wait for the charger to bring the battery voltage up to the "safe" level, it was only about 10-15 minutes to reflash the modules that had failed previously and update a couple of others to the current level, not long at all.
Appreciate 0