View Single Post
      07-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
Scottycs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Thanks for the info, but I was hoping to get an unbiased review. I find it hard to believe no one here has this unit.

I have done a lot of research on the Dynavin, and have also seen negative reviews. I am buying for the OEM look and most likely will do nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
I just posted about this on the Dynavin N6 thread....you are free to buy whatever you like but keep in mind you get what you pay for....and there is a reason those threads got deleted....quote:

Not similar at all.....read the Dynavin N6 thread.

Dynavin has a bunch of audio related stuff that is better, 24 bit D/A converter, time alignment, 4volt outputs, EQ, etc...

Canbus and vehicle related functions like PDC support and display, OBC display, button lighting that dims, selectable automatic screen dimming, car error warning tones to replace those lost when the stock head unit is removed, PDC tones, etc...

Logic 7 MOST compatibility....

Cosmetic and functional things that arise from the redesigned N6 form, larger screen, proper fit at the bottom, included button relocator. Dim-able button lighting that is the right color and brightness.

Local Sales, service and warranty....this one is huge....just read how things are going with the knock off units when they are DOA. Good luck with that!

Licensed navigation software!!!!!!!! Much of the price difference is right here....we could sell a lot cheaper too if we were willing to pirate the nav software... But thats not how we do things.

Not to mention functional things like a iPod interface that actually works, Bluetooth audio streaming track info, album art in iPod/sd/USB, support for diversity antennas, etc....

I can keep going but I think you get the point...All of the above costs money....and frankly Its my opinion you get what you pay for. These "knock off" units you bring up might be comparable to a Dynavin from a few generations ago, but are not comparable at all to the current offerings.

Last edited by Scottycs; 03-23-2015 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0