View Single Post
      07-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #13
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottycs View Post
I think it is pretty clear why it doesn't fit. The AC controls need to be shaved down on the edges. I don't think anyone is buying a Eonon, Dynavin, or whatever because of the high end audio features....

I am waiting on the new Dynavin to come out before i order one or the other.
Read the N6 thread and I think you will find that most people on this forum would disagree with you, decent audio features and hardware has been sorely lacking in this type of product for a long time. Its not super high end....just better than what has been in this space before, and more comparable to the oem parts its replacing. Especially in the case of the logic 7 system. Its a very nice setup for the casual user in an otherwise stock setup and sufficient enough for the high end user with aftermarket equipment.

The HVAC controls have to have their "ears" shaved down regardless of what unit you are using or how it fits. The reason most units (and double din kits) dont fit at the bottom is because of the depth of the HVAC controls, take the stock parts out and its obvious, when you put a new head unit in the HVAC controls have to be moved down....and this necessitates that they also move out.

As 'Wongway' correctly said Dynavin addressed this with the new N6 by getting rid of the physical disc drive, thus freeing up some real estate on the face to make everything fit better.

Last edited by jeffb335; 07-08-2014 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0